19 November 2010

LOCALS: BRANNON'S

I had the pleasure of dining at a new hot spot yesterday with the lovely Shannon Harris. Brannon's: A Public House is a quaint little restaurant tucked away downtown on 3rd Avenue North. Owner and chef, James Hardin, is living out his grandfather's dream. "Some of Granddaddy's livelier tales revolved around public houses. Not bars. Not pubs. These were cozy places where family, friends and neighbors gathered to share the goodness of food and company. Blessed with American optimism, he often spoke of the day that he'd open his very own public house in Alabama, alive with Irish gregariousness and Southern graciousness. A place where all would be welcome." Hardin explains.

The experience was just as he describes - an inviting atmosphere and cozy cuisines.  After much deliberation, I landed on the Shep's Pie with a side of Creamy Pea Soup. I was so stuffed that I couldn't bring myself to get dessert but next time I go, the Chocolate Guinness Cupcake is at the top of my list! 

photography by Constellation  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails